[BiO BB] What do you use for MSA and Design?

Richard Colman colman at uci.edu
Sat Jul 8 11:39:39 EDT 2006

I am currently working on a computer user interface for specifying (not
designing) mutational protein libraries. In addition to a "online forms
interface" I would like to be able to directly import protein sequence data
and multiple sequence alignments from a file.

I was wondering whether any researchers would like to comment on what types
of programs and data formats are popular. In paticular, I am considering an
function to directly import Excel spreadsheet files (ala GoCore, etc.),
FASTA with alignments preserved, or ????

Rick Colman
UC Irvine