[BiO BB] API for gene ontology retrieval?

Ahmed Moustafa ahmed at pobox.com
Fri Nov 10 19:28:55 EST 2006

Thank you all so much for your replies!!!
I think Chri's approach, to download the database and deal with it, is
the way to go.
Do you know whether the GO database holds beyond the models organisms?
Or would I have to restrict the BLAST search to a model organism to be
able to retrieve the gene ontology later from the GO database for the hit?
BTW, is there a plan to make the GO database remotely accessible (e.g.
Ensembl core database)?
Once again, thank you so much!
Ahmed