[Bio BB] Rasmol not working in Power PC architecture

Kalidas Yeturu ykalidas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:39:58 EDT 2006

Hi
 I have been using rasmol scripts in my project. But till now there is no
problem with running rasmol in i686 linux machines.
uname -a gives: "Linux threonine 2.4.20-8smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 13 17:45:54 EST
2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux"
 Now I have to execute my programs in an MPI environment on PowerPC
architecture.
uname on MPI-cluster gives:"Linux cnode39 2.6.5-7.139-pseries64 #1 SMP Fri
Jan 14 15:41:33 UTC 2005 ppc64 ppc64 ppc64 GNU/Linux"

 when i type ./rasmol: the error is :"bash: ./rasmol: cannot execute binary
file"

 I searched in internet for Rasmol FAQ's and tried out various installations
of Rasmol for PowerPC architecture, but could not solve the problem.

 I hope someone can solve this problem

Thanking You
Regards
--