[BiO BB] Web-based BLAST Services

Wilfred Li wilfred at sdsc.edu
Tue Dec 4 16:54:54 EST 2007

The URL is http://camera.calit2.net. :)

Regards,

Wilfred

	-----Original Message-----
	From: bio_bulletin-bounces at restools.sdsc.edu
[mailto:bio_bulletin-
	bounces at restools.sdsc.edu] On Behalf Of Kravitz, Saul
	Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:31 AM
	To: bbb at bioinformatics.org
	Subject: [BiO BB] Web-based BLAST Services

	We have developed a web-based implementation of BLAST as part of
the
	CAMERA project (http://calit2.camera.net).  Although we realize
that
	there are a number of parallel implementations of BLAST,  I am
	interested in the capabilities of web-based deployments of
BLAST.
	Specifically, there capacities as measured in terms of:
	   - Maximum number of query sequences
	   - Maximum total size of the query sequences
	   - Maximum number or data volume of hits returned  (NCBI seems
to be
	500)
	   - Maximum Total Search Time  (NCBI is 1 Hr)

	In CAMERA's case, the numbers today are:
	   - Maximum number of query sequences -- we've tested to 250k
	   - Maximum total size of the query sequences -- we've tested
to 100Mbp
	   - Maximum number or data volume of hits returned  (we've
tested to
	several hundred thousand)
	   - Maximum Total Search Time  (None so far)

	Regards,

	Saul Kravitz
	J. Craig Venter Institute