[BiO BB] blast graphical result & gapped alignment

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 10:30:04 EST 2007

>>> The coarse graphics I've encountered for viewing sequences look like it
>> is all generated
>>> html rather than drawn images.

Certainly flybase is using generated html for the coarse stuff,

( I took out "<" and ">" since some program try to execute code excerpts...)

area shape="rect" coords="25,0,65,20" href="?ref=2R;start=9318082;stop=9333256;nav4=1;plugin=" title="recenter" alt="recenter"
area shape="rect" coords="65,0,105,20" href="?ref=2R;start=9318840;stop=9334014;nav4=1;plugin=" title="recenter" alt="recenter"

Looks like hapmap is taking a similar approach but it isn't clear how it is generated.

I've got a fully text output that I'm considering augmenting to generated html for annotation
but I'm trying to concentrate on the automated analysis part rather than interactive
graphics.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: Hotmail is blocking my mom's entire
ISP claiming it is to reduce spam but probably
to force users to use hotmail. Please DON'T
assume I am ignoring you and try
me on marchywka at yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.