[BiO BB] fastacmd - sequence retreival using "string" ?

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Feb 1 12:24:49 EST 2007

If you have the FASTA files used to generate the database, why not simply
grep the FASTA file and parse the header that gets returned to you.  This
way, you now have the GI and can use fastacmd to return you the sequence for
that GI.  It may not be the cleanest, but is definitely simple enough.

Ryan