[BiO BB] refs for rates of segmental (or smaller) duplication?

Ann Loraine aloraine at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 16:07:25 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I've been scanning articles in PubMed looking for a study that has
generated some data on size distributions for duplicated segments in
the human (or other) genomes.

If you know of such a study, please let me know!

I want to know if the following statement is true:

"Smaller-sized duplications (<2 kb) vastly outnumber larger-sized
duplications (>2kb, 3, kb, etc.) in the [insert species here] genome."

So far I've been able to find some papers that defined segmental
duplication sizes differently (2 kb versus 5 kb, and so on) but no
single study that looked at varying sizes using the equivalent
discovery criteria.

Yours,

Ann

--