[BiO BB] In need of guidance

Pedro Fernandes pfern at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Mon Mar 26 17:26:11 EDT 2007

Hello Twaha

Bioinformatics is (or can be) huge... Providing unlimited services is
unmanageable. I reckong that your first difficulty, besides getting basic
knowledge in books, it to assess the needs of your institution.

I think that you should relate to international structures and learns some of
the how-to's and why don'ts from them. Take a couple of training courses
somewhere you can travel to.

I am an EE myself and I went through that some 16 years ago. I had to learn a
lot more about Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, for example.

I run a trainig course programme myself.
http://gtpb.igc.gulbenkian.pt

Where are you located in Africa? Portugal is cheap to travel to bur maybe I can
inidicate people in Africa that can be at easier reach.

Pedro
--
Pedro Fernandes
Centro Português de Bioinformática