[BiO BB] genbank orthography

Richard Squires Richard.Squires at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Oct 24 11:10:48 EDT 2007

For correct spellings you can use a Gazetteer. As far as a resource of misspellings I am not aware of one.

Burke Squires
BioHealthBase BRC
Influenza Bioinformaticist
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
richard.squires at utsouthwestern.edu
(214) 648-4952
>>> <Sterten at aol.com> 10/24/07 2:26 AM >>>

names are not spelled uniformly, e.g. Viet Nam and Vietnam,
also many typos, this makes it very difficult to sort and analyse the  entries
by computer.
I'm looking for a complete list of different spellings
(thousands of entries...) and the suggested standard so we can
correct/uniformify them automatically.

General Forum at Bioinformatics.Org - BiO_Bulletin_Board at bioinformatics.org