[BiO BB] Advanced web query interfaces for biological databases

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Mon Apr 14 23:19:33 EDT 2008

I support this view.  "Programmatically" means allowing outside users
developing their own software interfacing with your database/website via
an API.

Although NCBI has a fairly well developed website, there is a lot I
can't do from a GUI because of the amount of data we work with.  It
easier for us to use NCBI's API (E-utilities) to access their live
database and extract information in a way we need.

Anyone who works with lots of data will know a GUI interface will never
be sufficient.  Its much easier to accomplish the work with a script or
program.