[BiO BB] Inconsistent Blast Results

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:51:58 EST 2008

>> than 10^-10 are ignored. Suddenly at 10^-7 new hits with evals of
>> 10^-11 appear that weren't there before and even the relative strength
>> of different hits can change.

I think someone else suggested using the score not the e-value. I'd seen cases using a blast
server where I got confusing results so I just got in the habit of asking for a lot of marginal hits
and then sort them out locally with text scripts.

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: Hotmail is blocking my mom's entire
ISP claiming it is to reduce spam but probably
to force users to use hotmail. Please DON'T
assume I am ignoring you and try
me on marchywka at yahoo.com if no reply
here. Thanks.