[BiO BB] Highly represntative Folds

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Tue Jul 1 19:11:33 EDT 2008

Thats a bit of an ill-posed question. Most commonly seen among all
genes? Among all solved protein structures? Superfamilies with the
largest number of family members? Most frequent if you would take a
random sample of proteins from a living cell? ... There are many
possible sets to choose from, not all of them in some way
biologically relevant.

If you want an overview of what's out there, browse CATH or SCOP.
CATH architectures and SCOP superfamilies probably come closest to a
concept of "representative".

http://www.cathdb.info/
http://scop.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/scop/

HTH,