[BiO BB] Request/Call for papers at BIOCOMP (WORLDCOMP)

Avinash Kewalramani avinash at lanl.gov
Wed Mar 5 14:07:09 EST 2008

Respected  Ladies and Gentlemen,

First an introduction of myself. I am a Technical Staff Member at Los
Alamos National Laboratory
working on distributed computing infrastructures for BioInformtics
applications.

We are organizing a session in a well known conference named BIOCOMP
part of WORLDCOMP

http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp08/ws/conferences/biocomp08

and the session information is below.

 We would like to invite you to participate in this session by
submitting research papers, report, talks or poster presentations.
Also if you know of any students or colleagues who would be interested
please feel free to forward it to them too.
Your support for this will be highly appreciated.

The rough drafts of the papers are due by March 15th. Please do get in
touch with me if you have any questions.

Thanks and Regards
Avinash

/*Title of Approved Session: *
     High Performance Computing Architectures for Bioinformatics
     Applications

*  Chair of Session: *
     Avinash Kewalramani      Los Alamos National Laboratory, USA
//avinash at lanl.gov/ <mailto:avinash at lanl.gov>

/
*  Conference: *
     The 2008 International Conference on Bioinformatics and
     Computational Biology
     (BIOCOMP'08: July 14-17, 2008, Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, USA)
/

/*Topic for the conference*/

 /Bionformatics applications possess characteristics such as being
resource intensive and proprietary in nature. Resource intensiveness
needs to be handled by making the applications distributed. Proprietary
and legacy systems need to be integrated across organizational ownership
boundaries. The future of bioinformatics will benefit from an "on
demand" high performance computing infrastructure that appears seamless
to the sophisticated bioinformatics user. /

Topics of interest which would help in achieving the above goal include
but are not limited to:

    *

      Parallel algorithms/databases and their applications to biological
      systems.

    *

      Distributed bioinformatics systems using cluster computing and/or
      supercomputers.

    *

      Distributed architectures for biological applications

    *

      Grid computing architectures for biological applications.

    *

      Service oriented architectures for integrating legacy biological
      applications

    *

      Providing Bioinformatics services using Java Web services.

    *

      Providing Bioinformatics web services using Windows Communication
      Foundation

    *

      /Providing Bioinformatics web services using service based
      technologies like XML-RPC,DCOM,CORBA etc./