[BiO BB] informatics opportunity: "Human genomes in minutes?"

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 08:15:27 EST 2008

This is a rather obvious thing to try,

http://www.nature.com/news/2008/081120/full/news.2008.1245.html

Erika Check Hayden

A much-watched Silicon Valley company has published a proof of concept for its DNA-sequencing technology, which it hopes will one day be going through entire human genomes in minutes.
Pacific Biosciences of Menlo Park, California, reports today that it can generate continuous stretches of DNA sequence up to thousands of base pairs long.

But it may be something to watch for non-obvious bio-informatics opps.
Is anyone aware of particularly interesting efforts related to the above?

Mike Marchywka
586 Saint James Walk
Marietta GA 30067-7165
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka at hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note:  hotmail is getting cumbersom, try also marchywka at yahoo.com