[BiO BB] Visualizing Biological Data, 3-5 March 2010: Deadline on 16 Nov 2009

EMBL Courses & Conferences events at embl-events.de
Wed Oct 21 09:00:12 EDT 2009

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to participate in the first

EMBO Workshop on Visualizing Biological Data (VizBi, http://www.vizbi.org)

3 - 5 March 2010 at the EMBL's new Advanced Training Centre in Heidelberg, Germany

The goal of the workshop is to bring together, for the first time, researchers developing and using visualization systems across all
areas of biology, including genomics, sequence analysis, macromolecular structures, systems biology, and imaging (including
microscopy and magnetic resonance imaging). We have assembled an authoritative list of 29 invited speakers who will present an
exciting program, reviewing the state-of-the-art and perspectives in each of these areas. The primary focus will be on visualizing
processed and annotated data in their biological context, rather than on processing of raw data.

The workshop is limited in the total number participants, and each participant is normally required to present a poster and to give
a 'fastforward' presentation about their work (limited to 30 seconds and 1 slide).

To apply to join the workshop, please go to http://vizbi.org and submit an abstract and image related to your work. Submissions
close on 16 November 2009. Since places are limited, participants will be selected based on the relevance of their work to the
goals of the workshop. Notifications of acceptance will be sent within three weeks after the close of submissions.

We plan to award a prize for the submitted image that best conveys a strong scientific message in a visually compelling manner.

Please forward this announcement to anyone who may be interested. We hope to see you in Heidelberg next spring!

Seán O'Donoghue, EMBL
Jim Procter, University of Dundee
Nils Gehlenborg, European Bioinformatics Institute
Reinhard Schneider, EMBL

If you have any questions about the registration process please contact:

Adela Valceanu

Conference Officer
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstr. 1