[BiO BB] Advancing Predictive Toxicology Strategies and Infrastructure

Barry Hardy barry.hardy at vtxmail.ch
Thu Jun 10 11:03:24 EDT 2010

We have had a lot of activity in recent months on the OpenTox project
with regards to developing a linked data and resource infrastructure for
the support of interdisciplinary predictive toxicology research and
safety assessment.  I enclose several links below including our recent
overview workshop presentation in Potsdam, reports, demonstrations,
technical links and interest groups.  A paper will be published as an
Open Access publication in coming weeks (reference below).

best regards
Barry Hardy
OpenTox Project Coordinator (www.opentox.org)

Connecting Your Resources to OpenTox and Other Connected Resources
This is an expanding community effort and we welcome your involvement!
If you have a useful resource you would like to see integrated into
OpenTox, e.g., a database, bioinformatics tool, computational chemistry
program etc., please contact me to discuss.We especially welcome high
quality Open Source programs providing a valuable service to users.

OpenTox Presentation on Integrating Predictive Toxicology Resources
Potsdam, 30 May 2010
OpenTox Presentation:
http://www.opentox.org/home/documents/presentations/opentoxpresPotsdam30May2010/view
Program:
http://www.opentox.org/data/blogentries/public/opentoxworkshoppotsdam2010

Strategies
http://barryhardy.blogs.com/theferryman/2010/05/developing-new-predictive-toxicology-strategies.html

OpenTox Reports (Open Access)
http://www.opentox.org/home/documents/Reports

OpenTox Demos (Open to all to Try!)
(Please keep in mind these are early prototype applications and may not
have features you want.  We welcome requests from you for what you
additionally need in these applications or others.)
http://www.opentox.org/toxicity-prediction

OpenTox Signup & Mailing List
Complete the form at http://www.opentox.org/join_form
Note: If you have a general interest and want to receive a monthly news
update e.g., on new applications, data resources, ontology developments,
news etc., select the "I'm interested in OpenTox news"
option.  We also welcome including news from other projects in the
newsletter.  Do not select the option "I'm interested in OpenTox
Technical Development" unless you are doing technical computing work
in the field as this list is quite technical and busy!

OpenTox Collaboration Pool
If you are interested in joining virtual organisation collaborations in
predictive toxicology supported by OpenTox, complete the form linked from:
http://www.opentox.org/data/blogentries/public/opentoxcollaborationpool

Technical Development Details including API (Open Access)
http://www.opentox.org/dev
http://www.opentox.org/dev/apis

Publication Reference (Open Access)
Collaborative Development of Predictive Toxicology Applications, B.
Hardy, N. Douglas, C. Helma, M. Rautenberg, N. Jeliazkova, V. Jeliazkov,
I. Nikolova, R. Benigni, O. Tcheremenskaia, S. Kramer, T. Girschick, F.
Buchwald, J. Wicker, A. Karwath, M. Gütlein, A. Maunz, H. Sarimveis, G.
Melagraki, A. Afantitis, P. Sopasakis, D. Gallagher, V. Poroikov, D.
Filimonov, A. Zakharov, A. Lagunin, T. Gloriozova, S. Novikov, N.
Skvortsova, D. Druzhilovsky , S. Chawla, I. Ghosh, S. Ray, H. Patel, S.
Escher, accepted 3 June 2010 for Open Access publication in J. Chemical
Informatics http://www.jcheminf.com/ (2010).

Barry Hardy PhD
Director, Community of Practice & Research Activities
and OpenTox Project Coordinator (www.opentox.org)
Douglas Connect
Baermeggenweg 14
4314 Zeiningen