[BiO BB] 2012 Galaxy Community Conference (GCC2012) Update

Dave Clements clements at galaxyproject.org
Mon May 14 16:43:48 EDT 2012

Hello all,

The 2012 Galaxy Community Conference (GCC2012), being held in Chicago,
Illinois, July 25-27, is now 10 weeks away.

*About the meeting:
*
GCC2012 is about integrating, analyzing, and sharing the diverse and very
large datasets that are now typical in biomedical research.  This is an
opportunity to share best practices with, and learn from, a large community
of researchers and support staff who are facing the challenges of
data-intensive biology.  Galaxy is an open web-based platform for data
intensive biomedical research (http://galaxyproject.org) that is widely
used and deployed at research organizations of all sizes and around the
world.

*Updates since the initial announcement:
*
1) A day of tutorials has been added to the agenda this year.  The GCC2012
Training Day has 3 parallel tracks, each featuring four, 90 minute
workshops and covering between and 7 and 12 different topics.  Please take
a few minutes to vote on topics that you would like to see presented:  *The
survey ends this Friday, May 18*, so please provide your feedback now.
  http://bit.ly/GCC2012TDSurvey

2) The GCC2012 early registration deadline is June 11, which is just 4
weeks away.  Registering early saves* 36 to 42%* on registration costs, and
allows you to book discounted conference lodging before it fills up.  *Register
now at*
  http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Events/GCC2012/Register
**
3) A list of confirmed speakers and abstracts are now available on the
conference web site.  This list is not yet finished, but will give you a
pretty accurate idea of the range of topics that will be discussed during
the meeting.
  http://wiki.g2.bx.psu.edu/Events/GCC2012/Program#Confirmed_Speakers

Hope to see you in Chicago,

Dave Clements, on behalf of the GCC2012 Organizing Committee

--
http://galaxyproject.org/GCC2012 <http://galaxyproject.org/wiki/GCC2012>