[Bio-linux-dev] [Fwd: Re: NuGO Desktop]

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Sep 14 08:31:04 EDT 2009

Hello, Bio-Linux developers.

Here's and update on our NBX-stick project...

Have you had any feedback from Bio-Linux 5.0 users about problems with
persistent sessions corrupting your ext2 "casper-rw" partition?

It seems to work fine for 5-6 reboots, but then crashes badly :-(

Using fsck shows "casper-rw" corruption after only one reboot from a
persistent session. I'll test this by sacrificing my own NEBC USB-stick,
and report back if I have the same problems. However, I got exactly the
same problem on my 8GB Kingston DataTraveller, and I've low-level
formatted the NBX-sticks using the Alcor_MP (Mass Production) tool to
verify that there are no new (post manuf.) bad-blocks on the sticks but
I still get corruption. Linux "badblocks -swp 1" didn't find any bad
blocks on out NBX-stick, and neither did "mkfs -c ..."

Bye,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK