[Bio-linux-dev] [nbx-dev] Re: Rethink about using 64-bit Linuxon NBX's

Travis, Tony a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Mon Sep 28 06:33:43 EDT 2009

Hello, Philip.

Perhaps I was not clear: I've installed 64-bit Ubuntu 8.04.3 LTS on one of our Beowulf servers at RINH, then installed the "ia32" libraries (and JRE's etc.) so that I can run existing 32-bit binaries under 64-bit Ubuntu. I'm not the only person using Bio-Linux 5.0 who would like to run a 64-bit Linux kernel, but does not want to wait until Bio-Linux is ported to 64-bit Ubuntu. My suggestion is a work-around so that I can migrate to 64-bit Ubunutu *now* instead of waiting for NEBC to port it to 64-bit (or port it myself).

Bye,

  Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK