[Bio-linux-dev] bio-linux-backups

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 06:51:27 EDT 2010

Hi,

I've rolled a new bio-linux-backups package based on Tony's patch.  This
may be over-conservative of me but I thought that anyone already using
the backups script should keep the old behaviour by default.  Therefore
I've made the package so that if you are upgrading from an old (version
0.2) package and no /etc/default/backup configuration file is found, a
configuration file will be added containing:

MODE=basic

For fresh installations (eg. BL6) and future upgrades the config will be
untouched and the default behaviour is to use ETOH.

I've also added a script that summarises some info about the backup
status - /usr/sbin/bio-linux-backup-info.  Attached is the new package
if you want a sneak preview - it's not in the repo yet.

Cheers,

TIM