[Bio-linux-dev] Bio-Linux 6 plans and release schedule - draft

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Mon Mar 1 06:59:27 EST 2010

Dear Bio-Linux users,

We have recently posted information on our website regarding the
forthcoming release of Bio-Linux.  Version 6 of the Bio-Linux system
will be based on the new Ubuntu LTS (long-term support) release.  The
major change in the release will be a move to a 64-bit system,
supporting memory intensive tasks such as assembly of high-throughput
sequence data.

The release date is set for June 4, but pre-releases will be available
prior to this and updates to our software packages will continue to be
made on an ongoing basis.  We're keen to hear your feedback on our plans
and any ideas you have for improvements and additions.  A detailed
announcement and feedback form can be found on our website here:

http://nebc.nox.ac.uk/nebc/news/bio-linux-6

Ongoing technical discussions will take place on the developers mailing
list (http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/mailman/listinfo/bio-linux-announce), so
please feel free to join that if you are interested.  Future
announcements will be posted to bio-linux-announce list as well as the
NEBC home page.

Best regards,

The NEBC Team

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre