[Bio-linux-dev] Fwd: Bio-Linux 7 package versions

Tony Travis tony.travis at ed.ac.uk
Thu Dec 6 09:26:04 EST 2012

On 06/12/12 13:06, Tim Booth wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> This isn't a mistake.  These package versions are correct.  The ones in
> the archive really are older.

Hi, Tim.

I don't understand your package versions:

bio-linux-emboss 1:1bl1-1 means	epoch = 1, upstream = 1bl1, deb = 1
bio-linux-emboss 6.3bl1-8 means	epoch = 0, upstream = 6.3bl1, deb = 8

I posted to the list because that looks like upstream 6.3bl1 is newer
than upstream 1bl1 to me. Have I got that wrong?

> I've held off putting this new stuff in
> the archive because as soon as I do (which will be very soon), Bio-Linux
> 6 users will start getting warnings that they can't upgrade these
> packages due to dependency issues.  I could re-structure the archive to
> avoid this but that entails extra work I don't want to do.

Drat, that means all our NBX's are going to be broken: Well, maybe it's
time to upgrade them to Bio-Linux 7 anyway :-)

> I've closed all the QIIME bugs I know about, and run some basic
> regression tests which all passed.  If you have any more bugs please do
> report them via Launchpad.  I should probably run a full regression test
> using the official data but I've not got around to it yet.

OK, I'll report anything I find + I'll take a look at Wubi too.

Bye,

   Tony.