[Bio-linux-dev] HMMER version on Biolinux

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:43:57 EST 2012

Hi Noel,

I think your question belongs on Bio-Linux-Dev so I'm copying that list
in on this reply.

I think HMMER has not been updated simply because I've not got around to
it.  The easiest thing for me to do in this case would be to copy
the .deb file from the latest Ubuntu version onto our package server.
Sometimes this approach works, sometimes not.

Since you have an immediate need for the software, could you please try
installing the package manually and let me know if it works?  If it
does, I'll put it on the server so everyone gets the upgrade.

To install manually:

Download the file:
http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/ubuntu/pool/universe/h/hmmer/hmmer_3.0-3_amd64.deb

Install it:
sudo dpkg -i hmmer_3.0-3_amd64.deb

If there are any dependency issues reported:
sudo apt-get -f install

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England