[Bio-linux-dev] Something for the weekend - new Plymouth boot logo

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Fri Oct 5 11:40:05 EDT 2012

Hi,

Still no bootable ISO for Bio-Linux 7 just yet, but if anyone on this
list has upgraded to BL7 and is irked to still see the Bio-Linux 6 logo
(or the Ubuntu logo depending on your setup) during boot-up then this is
for you:

apt-get install bio-linux-plymouth-theme

Note - if you didn't see a boot logo with progress dots under it at all
before then don't expect to see one now (Plymouth doesn't work on all
graphics cards and I'm not  the man to fix it - you're stuck with the
blank screen).  If you have other problems with the package - eg. still
seeing the old logo - then do let me know.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England