[Bio-linux-dev] java-6-openjdk

Tony Travis tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 09:39:19 EDT 2014

Hi, Tim.

I just ran your 'indempotent' BL8 upgrade script again and realised that
unconditionally purging "java-6-openjdk" might not be such a good idea
after all...

We need it to run the "Structure" GUI, which doesn't work properly with
"java-7-openjdk":

  http://pritchardlab.stanford.edu/structure.html

I think there might be other programs that need java-6 too. I'll let you
know about any problems I encounter. BTW, I've left java-7 as the
default Java - I only use java-6 for particular programs that need it,
by specifying the full path to java-6 in a wrapper script.

Bye,

  Tony.

--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.