[Bio-linux-dev] Mapmaker

Tony Travis tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Dec 16 13:26:05 EST 2014

Hi, Tim.

I've ported Mapmaker 3.0b to Bio-Linux 8.

Based on Patches for compiling Mapmaker3 under Mac OS:

    http://ftp.kaist.ac.kr/macports/release/ports/science/mapm3/
    mailto:ryandesign at macports.org

Original Mapmaker 3.0b sources obtained from:

http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/
    mailto:mapmaker at genome.wi.mit.edu

This is quite old software, but it is still widely used under e.g.
"dosbox" and I thought it was worth porting it to Bio-Linux to get a
native version. I've verified that the results from analysing the sample
data using the native Linux version of agree with results obtained using
the DOS version.

Please let me know if you think this would be worth packaging for
Bio-Linux/Debian-Med. I've tried to contact the upstream developers at
the Broad institute, but my email to <mapmaker at genome.wi.mit.edu> was
bounced. I'm in touch with the developer of the Mac port already.

Thanks,

  Tony.

--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.