[Bio-Linux] SSH Question

Kerr Wall pkerrwall at psu.edu
Tue Feb 25 10:46:12 EST 2003

Hi Milo and Dan,

I have a question concerning ssh.  I have received a request from the
programmer at Cornell who is responsible for getting FGP tracefiles from our
server in an automated fashion to switch from the openSSH server that came
with the clone to the comercial version at ssh.com.  He has stated that the
script he has written to automatically login to our server doesn't work with
openSSH and that it only works with the version from ssh.com.

Would you guys recommend this (ie, would this cause any dependency problems
or are there any security concerns that I don't know about)?  If so, what is
the best way to uninstall openSSH and then install SSH (I'm guessing that
using the rpm command will accomplish this)?  If not, do you have any
suggestions for him to get a working perl script to automatically login with
openSSH?

Thanks,

Kerr