[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux SSHD problem followup and bugfix

Dr Dan Swan dswan at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 08:20:45 EDT 2003

Dear All,

I'm very sorry to hit you with 2 updates in 2 days, but I just realised
that the fix I sent out yesterday means that when you reboot your
Bio-Linux machines OpenSSH will NOT start automatically.

Whilst it is trivial to start by hand, this patch should be applied as
follows:

1) Log in as manager (you can do this remotely)
2) wget http://genomics.nox.ac.uk/~dswan/downloads/sshd.tar
3) sudo cp sshd.tar /
4) cd /
5) sudo tar -xvf sshd.tar
6) sudo rm sshd.tar
7) exit

The fix is applied.  If you wish to verify the success of this:

1) cd etc/rc.d/rc0.d
2) ls -l *ssh*
3) You should see something like this:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 22216  22200  14 Sep 18 12:28 K25sshd -> ../init.d/sshd

regards,

Dan

--
Dr Dan Swan - Bio-Linux Developer
EGTDC, CEH, Mansfield Road, Oxford, OX1 3SR
http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/ | dswan at ceh.ac.uk