[Bio-Linux] Firewall rules for browsing virtual host on localhost

Keith Jolley keith.jolley at medawar.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 12:23:43 EST 2005

I've run into a problem with the firewall as configured on Bio-Linux.  I
have a number of web sites hosted on a Bio-Linux server - these are set up
as named virtual hosts.  What I can't do with the firewall running is to
browse these web sites from the Bio-Linux machine itself, although they are
visible from other machines.  This normally isn't a problem but I would like
to use htdig as a search engine on one of these sites, but this needs to be
able to browse the local machine.

Does anybody know what I need to do with narc.conf or narc-custom.conf in
order to enable local browsing of virtual hosts?

Thanks
Keith