[Bio-Linux] Fwd: subject: arb does not call GDE anymore.

J.vandeVossenberg at science.ru.nl J.vandeVossenberg at science.ru.nl
Wed Oct 11 05:49:25 EDT 2006

Dear Bela,

Thanks for setting the right permissions for the /home/db/pt_server
directory. That was indeed one of the problems, but in fact we had solved
it already.
I have just installed the new arb package, but unfortunately the update
has not solved the tree builing problem. I will describe as accurate as
possible what goes wrong now (and used to work):
In arb, open a database (does not matter which one), select a few species,
click (in the menu) Tree - Build Tree from sequence data - AxML +
FastDNAML (max 150 species), a new window opens. Then: Click FastdnaML in
'Select program to use', click GO. A terminal/text window for GDE should
open, but nothing happens... Same for Tree - Build Tree from sequence data
- Phylip DNAPARS

Unfortunately I do not know enough of arb to be able to deduce what
happens exactly. I started arb in the console, the output is below:

jack at linux:~$ arb
Program ARB starting, please wait
ARB: Loading '.arb_prop/ntree.arb'
ARB: Loading '/usr/local/bioinf/arb/arb/lib/arb_default/ntree.arb' done

Font size 11 not found, using larger 12 pointFont size 10 not found, using
larger 12 pointFont size 14 not found, using smaller 12 pointARB: Loading
'/home/jack/arb/08_May_2006.arb' + Changes-File
/home/jack/arb/08_May_2006.a00
ARB: no FastLoad File '/home/jack/arb/08_May_2006.ARM' found: loading
entire database
ARB: Loading '/home/jack/arb/08_May_2006.arb' done

The path '/home/jack/.arb_prop/inputMasks' is invalid.

  ........[comment: now I start a Phylip DNAPARS tree].........

Font size 13 not found, using smaller 12 pointAction: (/bin/rm -f treefile
infile outfile; arb_convert_aln -GenBank  /tmp/gde24491_0  -phylip infile
;${ARB_XCMD:-cmdtool} sh -c
'LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${ARB_LIBRARY_PATH:-/usr/arb/lib}";export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH;  (echo >arb_read_tree_args;arb_echo y |
dnapars;arb_read_tree `/bin/cat arb_read_tree_args` tree_ph_$$ treefile
"PRG=dnapars FILTER=none PKG=phylip")  ;arb_wait' ;/bin/rm -f
/tmp/gde24491_0 arb_read_tree_args  infile outfile treefile
arb_read_tree_args  )&
Warning: Cannot convert string "nil2" to type FontStruct
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  18 (X_ChangeProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  99