[Bio-Linux] How to add more disk space to my Biolinux

Ashley Morley asmo at ceh.ac.uk
Fri Jan 12 04:55:22 EST 2007

Hi Martin,

Your Dell Precision 670 machine supports up to 4 internal hardrives, and you are currently using two 80GB (7200rpm) SATA drives installed.

If you want to increase capacity, then you can order up to two more internal hard drives from Dell (your current spec below) and install them (or maybe order larger drives if required). The Dell website for ordering these items is

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productlisting.aspx?c=uk&category_id=6210&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&~ck=anav

DELL
80 GB (7200 RPM) SATA2 Hard Drive for Dell Precision /670 Minitower Systems
Usually Ships: 5-7 Days
Manufacturer Part: 400-11744
Dell Part: 400-11744
Price £39.00

I would suggest you use Dell components so that Dell remains your one contact for warranty issues. Instructions for installing the drives should come with the item, but I am sure your IT department would be able to advise on that.

You could also use an external hard drive. Perhaps another user has experience of using one?

Hope this helps
Ashley

>>> m.l.ostrowski at warwick.ac.uk 16:05 11 January 2007January 2007 >>>
Hello,

By any chance is there a guide to adding more disk space to my Biolinux box?

Thanks for any advice,

Martin