[Bio-Linux] USB media not automounted

Tony Travis rwt017 at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Dec 30 20:39:33 EST 2008

Hello,

I noticed that USB media were not being automounted after installing
Bio-Linux5 on my laptop from the Bio-Linux5 USB stick: I've traced the
problem to two incorrect entries in the /etc/fstab created during the
installation. It seems the installer thinks the USB stick is a CD/DVD
drive. A work-around is to comment out the two incorrect entries at the
end of /etc/fstab, and add a correct one for the real CD/DVD drive:

# /dev/sdb1       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0
     0
# /dev/scd0       /media/cdrom1   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0
     0
/dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0

I think the problem arises because there is an ISO bootable DVD image on
the USB stick, which the installer assumes is mounted from a CD/DVD...

Merry Christmas :-)

Bye,

	Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK