[Bio-Linux] Ubuntu question

Clive A. Jones caj23 at leicester.ac.uk
Tue May 20 11:31:56 EDT 2008

Hi Dawn,

----- "Dawn Field" <dfield at ceh.ac.uk> wrote:

> Stewart is working on a DVD Install disk for Bio-Linux 5 and it will
> most likely be Ubuntu based...we are interested in views on future
> advance if you have them.

Can all of the bio-* packages be made available in the repository as
source packages?  We will need to rebuild those packages for Debian if
you move to Ubuntu. The availability of source packages will also enable
us to update packages to slightly more recent versions as the need arises,
without us building the packages from scratch.

I've tried adding the following repository:

deb-src http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/bio-linux/ unstable bio-linux

but no joy.

We currently install the bio-linux packages on a shared service used
by many departments, and changing to Ubuntu isn't an option for us.

Best Regards,

Clive.

Clive Jones - Unix Systems Administrator, caj23 at le.ac.uk
Network Support Services, ITS, University of Leicester.
Tel: 0116 2525133