[Bio-Linux] Problem booting installation DVD - biolinux 6

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 05:41:18 EDT 2010

On 16/07/10 10:07, Anthony Pemberton wrote:
> Dear biolinux users,
>
> I am still having problems with the biolinux 6 install. I have tried
> booting the USB-stick and the problem is worse - no kernel boot. I
> have checked the BIOS settings - the USB legacy mode was enabled. I
> tested the stick on my 64-bit workstation and it works fine. I can
> boot to the live system on the workstation, but the server just
> hangs.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions has to how I can proceed? What else
> can I try?

Hello, Tony.

Here are some options:

#1 Put your server system disk into another machine
    Install Bio-Linux 6 on the other machine
    Put the disk back into your server

#2 Boot 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS from the Official CD
    rsync or dump/restore another instance of Bio-Linux 6

#3 Install 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 LTS from the Official CD
    Configure APT for the Bio-Linux 6 repo's
    Install Bio-Linux 6 packages

#4 Give up and install Windows 7 ;-)

HTH,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK