[Bio-Linux] Problem booting installation DVD - biolinux 6

Anthony Pemberton A.J.Pemberton at bham.ac.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:51:01 EDT 2010

Hi Tony and Martin,

After a very tedious morning here in sunny Birmingham, I have managed the first step of option #3 from Tony's list. I now have Ubuntu 10.04 running on the server. To complete, do I just need to add the nebc repos to the sources file?

I tried option #1, by taking the SATA disk from the server and putting it in our Dell Precision 360 workstation and booting from the USB stick and then trying to do an install. For some obscure reason, the installer would not recognize the server disk, despite fdisk -l showing the disk and its partitions in all their glory using the USB-live system. I could even mount the partitions and see the files on them! After checking the Dell BIOS and my handy-work inside the Dell a few times, I gave up on option #1

Regards,

Tony P.