[Bio-Linux] FW: Problem with Artemis X-remote

Anthony Pemberton A.J.Pemberton at bham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 10 10:43:26 EDT 2010

Dear biolinux users,

I am having a problem with Artemis running under bio-linux 5 (packages up-to-date) and displaying the artemis GUI on a Windows PC (X-remote). Exceed acting as the X-server. The problem shows itself as the sequences being left-justified and not aligned. We thought this may be a font problem, but we tried the latest artemis from bio-linux 5 running from a server running biolinux 5 to a workstation (PC) running bio-linux 5. This produced the same problem. Has anyone got a solution or workaround for this?

Regards,

Tony Pemberton