[Bio-Linux] Fresh Install - Questions

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 05:06:41 EDT 2011

Hi Raony Guimarães,

Thanks for trying Bio-Linux. In answer to your questions:

1+2) You should install the regular package updates that become
available via the update manager, but if you upgrade the Ubuntu system
to the 11.04 release then a few of the bioinformatics packages will be
removed due to conflicts.  Most will be OK, but some will still be
installed but stop working.  Unfortunately I don't have a comprehensive
list of these just now.

3) Right now we have no forum dedicated to Bio-Linux, just this mailing
list.  We are planning to add new community areas to the website as part
of the next Bio-Linux development push so feedback like this is much
appreciated.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England