[Bio-Linux] Problem with GPG key for R site

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 10:47:44 EST 2011

Hi Tony,

I get the same error - the explanation and fix can be found here:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README

I have tried the fix and it works for me, but some people may hit the
firewall issue so just in case I've attached the necessary key file.
You can install it with 'sudo apt-key add cran_key.txt'

Cheers,

TIM

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 14:43 +0000, Anthony Pemberton wrote:
> Dear bio-linux users,
>

> There appears to be a problem when I run `apt-get upgrade` . The
> command complains about signature verification. It relates to the
>

> http://www.stats.bris.ac.uk/   site for updates to R. Can anyone tell
> me what I need to do to correct this problem?
>

> Regards,
>

> Tony P.

> Mr. A. Pemberton                                           Tel: +44
> 121 414 3388
>
> School of Biosciences,                                    Fax: +44 121
> 414 8844
>
> The University of Birmingham                    Email:
> a.j.pemberton at bham.ac.uk
>
> Birmingham B15 2TT
>
> U.K.

Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England