[Bio-Linux] Galaxy in the apt repository???

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Wed Dec 19 06:52:53 EST 2012

Hi Stephane,

The Bio-Linux packages now straddle two repositories, with the newer
stuff on Launchpad.net.  You need to add both sources.  Please see this
page:

http://nebc.nerc.ac.uk/tools/bio-linux/other-bl-docs/package-repository

Also, any references to "nebc.nox.ac.uk" need to be changed to
"nebc.nerc.ac.uk" as the old DNS entries will be removed in the near
future.

Be aware that the Galaxy package is a work in progress.  It does mostly
work OK but the tool-shed feature is not happy due to permissions issues
and setting up the database and administrator account is not as simple
as we would like it to be.  We also need to write more documentation.

Cheers,

TIM

On Wed, 2012-12-19 at 10:17 +0000, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> I've noticed that Bio-Linux 7 includes Galaxy but I cannot find it in
> the NEBC apt repository.
>
> I have this sources.list:
>
> % cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nebc.nox.ac.uk.bio-linux.sources.list
> deb http://nebc.nox.ac.uk/bio-linux/ unstable bio-linux
>
> And yet, no Galaxy available:
>
> % apt-cache search galaxy
> uqm - The Ur-Quan Masters - An inter-galatic adventure game
> [And only other irrelevant stuff]

Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England