[Bio-Linux] newest sequin version

Andreas Leimbach andreas.leimbach at uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Aug 6 16:10:10 EDT 2014

Hi Tim and BL community,

first of all, awesome BL8 release. Runs like a charm on our machines,
dash bioinfo lens and all, thanks a lot.
NCBIs sequin is preinstalled in the distro, however I wanted to run a
newer version. I got the new 64 bit version from NCBIs ftp server:

$ wget ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/sequin/sequin.linux-x86_64.tar.gz

But, it always quits with an error that some library can't be found:

$ ./sequin
./sequin: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot

Do you guys have an idea how to solve this? I already tried to install
the old ia32-libs with a work-around, they got disconnected in 13.10 I
think (I also tried the 32 bit sequin version, misses 'libXm.so.4'). Thanks.

Best,
Andreas

--
Andreas Leimbach