[Bio-Linux] newest sequin version

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 06:35:44 EDT 2014

Hi Andreas,

Just back in the office and checking e-mails.  I'm glad you got Sequin
working.  I had a look and it seems that the latest binary version on
the NCBI FTP site is 13.05 from Jan 2014 but the latest source code is
12.21 from 2012, and since the version on Bio-Linux is made from the
source download it's not been updated.  I think I need to e-mail NCBI
for clarification on this.

Personally I find EMBL Webin much easier to use and there is no issue
with keeping the software updated.

Cheers,

TIM

On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 14:22 +0100, Andreas Leimbach wrote:
> Hey Steve,
>
> that was it, doh. Thanks a lot!
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas
>

> --
> Andreas Leimbach
> Universität Münster
> Institut für Hygiene
> Mendelstr. 7
> D-48149 Münster
> Germany
>
> Tel.: +49 (0)551 39 33843
> E-Mail: andreas.leimbach at uni-wuerzburg.de
>
> On 07.08.2014 15:08, Steve Moss wrote:
> > Dear Andreas,
> >
> > You need to install libjpeg62 (hence the libjpeg.so.62 in the error
> > message), perhaps libjpeg62-dev too?:
> >
> >      sudo apt-get install libjpeg62 libjpeg62-dev
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On 7 August 2014 12:00, <bio-linux-request at nebclists.nerc.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 22:10:10 +0200
> >> From: Andreas Leimbach <andreas.leimbach at uni-wuerzburg.de>
> >> To: bio-linux at nebclists.nerc.ac.uk
> >> Subject: [Bio-Linux] newest sequin version
> >>
> >> Hi Tim and BL community,
> >>
> >> first of all, awesome BL8 release. Runs like a charm on our machines,
> >> dash bioinfo lens and all, thanks a lot.
> >> NCBIs sequin is preinstalled in the distro, however I wanted to run a
> >> newer version. I got the new 64 bit version from NCBIs ftp server:
> >>
> >> $ wget ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/sequin/sequin.linux-x86_64.tar.gz
> >>
> >> But, it always quits with an error that some library can't be found:
> >>
> >> $ ./sequin
> >> ./sequin: error while loading shared libraries: libjpeg.so.62: cannot
> >> open shared object file: No such file or directory
> >>
> >> Do you guys have an idea how to solve this? I already tried to install
> >> the old ia32-libs with a work-around, they got disconnected in 13.10 I
> >> think (I also tried the 32 bit sequin version, misses 'libXm.so.4').
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Best,
> >> Andreas
> >>

> >> --
> >> Andreas Leimbach
> >> Universit?t M?nster
> >> Institut f?r Hygiene
> >> Mendelstr. 7
> >> D-48149 M?nster
> >> Germany
> >>
> >> Tel.: +49 (0)551 39 33843
> >> E-Mail: andreas.leimbach at uni-wuerzburg.de

Tim Booth <tbooth at ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England