[Bio-Linux] BioLinux8 Dockerfile

Steve Moss gawbul at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 19:13:53 EST 2014

Dear Tim,

I was hoping to start working on a basic BioLinux8 Docker image. I've setup
a repository here https://github.com/gawbul/DockerBioLinux8, and have
started some of the initial work locally; unpacking and utilising some
steps from the BL8 setup script. I'm aware that some packages have
graphical interfaces, and depend on xserver*, gnome* or unity* packages
etc; I was hoping you might have an idea which could be pinned to prevent
them being installed or otherwise give advice on this? Perhaps checking out
CloudBioLinux would be useful do you think, as I am assuming they did
something similar?

Cheers,

Steve
--