[Bio-Linux] HWE error with Biolinux

Tony Travis tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Jul 18 12:36:26 EDT 2014

On 18/07/14 16:29, Tim Booth wrote:
> [...]
> I can say that the upgrade will have been tested on a variety of
> machines here which were in a variety of different states, and also by
> external Bio-Linux testers, and also that upgrading a machine with HWE
> is fully supported by Ubuntu, so it should work.  Even if it doesn't,
> I've never hit any upgrade issues (other than hardware failures) that
> couldn't be resolved with some small amount of tinkering, and I'll
> answer any queries reported to this list as soon as I can, and add any
> relevant fixes to the upgrade script.

Hi, Tim.

I upgraded two 12.04.4 HWE installations of Bio-Linux 7 using your beta
upgrade8 script without any problems. However, I did have some problems
doing the actual HWE upgrades on these original BL7 instances, because
they break X11. Your script works OK if you have upgraded to a new HWE
stack. I was tracking the HWE versions of the release iso's on my BL7.

Bye,

  Tony.

--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.