[Bio-Linux] Live Bio-Linux not persistent

Tony Travis tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 04:53:33 EDT 2014

On 20/06/14 09:25, Cox, Michael J wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> thanks, it went really well.
>
> There was quite a high attrition rate of sticks when we were booting
> up - the two most common problems were a file in /var/run no longer
> being writeable (or absent) and the stick not booting past the splash
> screen; the stick booting as command line only without xwindows (and
> me not remembering the command to start it). We lost about 6 to that,
> but with the extras we had plenty.  They had all worked though as I
> checked them - was wondering whether these errors are easily fixable
> in future, or whether it’s safest simply to reclone?

Hi, Mike.

Sounds like you've had the same filesystem corruption I experienced!

Please try my "bio-linux-usb-make_new" version of Tim's script that I
posted here on 12 Jun. My version creates a separate ext4 partition for
the persistence COW and that has solved the problem for me.

Bye,

  Tony.

--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.