[Bio-Linux] Fwd: undo mv command

Tauqeer Alam tauqeer9 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:30:41 EDT 2015

Thanks Tony and Tim.

Yes, I had installed new version of samtools recently (after un-installing
the older one through Ubuntu Software Center), so I will leave those three
files in the /usr/local/bin/.

I first tried Tony's suggestions of using "sudo debsums -ac" command to
find out if there are any missing files in my "/bin".
I got the following output. I understand the lines related to Brother
printer which I once tried to install (un-successfully). I also have
chromium browser installed. Do I have to install any of these missing files
and how do I do that?

:~$ sudo debsums -ac
debsums: missing file /etc/firefox/profile/localstore.rdf (from
bio-linux-themes-v8 package)
debsums: missing file /etc/firefox/profile/bookmarks.html (from
bio-linux-themes-v8 package)
debsums: missing file /etc/firefox/profile/prefs.js (from
bio-linux-themes-v8 package)
debsums: missing file /etc/default/chromium-browser (from chromium-browser
package)
/etc/default/cups
/etc/grub.d/10_linux
/usr/local/Brother/Printer/HL2270DW/inf/brHL2270DWrc
/usr/local/Brother/Printer/HL2270DW/inf/brHL2270DWfunc
debsums: missing file /usr/share/doc/hl2270dwlpr/copyright (from
hl2270dwlpr package)
debsums: missing file /usr/share/doc/hl2270dwlpr/changelog.Debian.gz (from
hl2270dwlpr package)
debsums: missing file /usr/share/doc/ia32-libs-multiarch/changelog.gz (from
ia32-libs-multiarch package)
/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-43-generic
/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf

I really appreciate your help.

Best

Tauqeer

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:28 AM, Tony Travis <
tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk> wrote:

> On 13/04/15 14:12, Tim Booth wrote:
> > [...]
> > As for the files you listed, /usr/bin/formatrpsdb is part of the BLAST
> > package, so reinstall 'blast2' just to be sure.  I don't recognise the
> > others, and I'd not expect any .jar file to be living in either /usr/bin
> > or /usr/local/bin.
> > [...]
>
> Hi, Tim.
>
> These are from Samtools.
>
> seq_cache_populate.pl:
>

> https://github.com/samtools/samtools/blob/b7ac1e2819ab85d5950eb2ce02434aa422fe39ed/misc/seq_cache_populate.pl
>
> htsjdk-1.119.jar:
>
> > https://github.com/samtools/htsjdk/tree/1.119
>
> [A version of Samtools could have been installed manually]
>
> HTH,
>
>   Tony.
>
> --
> Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
> Registered Office: 3 Donview, Bridge of Alford, AB33 8QJ, Scotland (UK)
> tel. +44(0)19755 63548                    http://minke-informatics.co.uk
> mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk

Md Tauqeer Alam, Ph.D
Division of Infectious Diseases
Emory University School of Medicine
615 Michael Street, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
tauqeer9 at gmail.com