[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux server to submit to Ubuntu cluster

Ryan Johnson rjohns03 at carc.unm.edu
Wed Aug 19 17:07:28 EDT 2015

Hello all,

I have a cluster with 128 compute nodes that run vanilla Ubutnu 14.04
and a PBS/Torque system. We run Galaxy as a separate machine with
Bio-Linux 8 (which can be though of as the Galaxy head node). Currently
to make it work I have the following directories exported as NFS mounts
into the cluster compute nodes:

/etc/galaxy-server/
/var/lib/galaxy-server
/usr/lib/galaxy-server

We also have a cluster wide user called Debian-galaxy (which lives on
the NIS *Yellow Pages*). Is this considered a safe and efficient way to
operate our production Galaxy cluster?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,
Ryan