[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux Digest, Vol 77, Issue 2

Tony Travis tony.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 09:36:44 EST 2015

On 05/02/15 14:19, Xavier Martínez Serrano wrote:
> Thank you very much  to all for all your sharings, they will be really
> useful to us to set everything up.
>
> Following your extended comments seems that the best option will
> probably be to use Slurm and Uprade
> all Biolinux to v8, and installing MATE on top. The network will be
> configured manually. We will probably do
> all this next week. I'll let you know if we get into big issues;
> hopefully not! :)

Hi, Xavi.

One thing to note is that you might have problems with Qt if you run
"RStudio" on a remote MATE desktop. Tim has suggested a work-around for
this problem that I've used to run RStudio on "x2go" terminal servers:

> cd /usr/lib/rstudio/bin
> mkdir notused
> mv -i libQ* notused/
> mv -i qt.conf notused/

It seems that the Qt libraries bundled with RStudio can cause problems.
In our case, all the necessary Qt libraries were already installed:

> libqt4-network
> libqt4-opengl
> libqt4-svg
> libqt4-xml
> libqt4-xmlpatterns
> libqtcore4
> libqtdbus4
> libqtgui4
> libqtwebkit4

HTH,

  Tony.

--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Institute of Biological and
Environmental Sciences, Cruickshank Building, St. Machar Drive, Aberdeen

Tha Oilthigh Obar Dheathain na charthannas clàraichte ann an Alba, Àir. SC013683.