[Bio-Linux] Bio-Linux 8 Repositories

Tony Travis tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk
Wed May 13 10:14:08 EDT 2015

On 13/05/15 15:01, Simon wrote:
> Hi Tim, that's brilliant, thanks.
>
> Script looks good to me, although I think the PPA will be best for our
> situation as we're not running a GUI and the less we vary from our
> standard server build the better.

Hi, Simon.

I've run Bio-Linux 8 as a terminal server on many servers. You need most
of the Ubuntu 'desktop' installed to run a remote MATE desktop.

I don't think it's an issue to run a GUI on a server, but you might find
it useful to use the MATE desktop locally if the server graphics
hardware is not up to running Unity.

The overhead of running a GUI on the server is quite low, especially if
you run the MATE desktop locally. The default remote desktop is MATE.

HTH,

  Tony.

mob. +44(0)7985 078324        mailto:tony.travis at minke-informatics.co.uk