[Bio-Linux] problems with ssh

Sharma, M D M.D.Sharma at exeter.ac.uk
Sun May 24 07:58:07 EDT 2015

Pau,

If I am understanding this correctly…

1)      You installed BioLinux and configured an IP on your BioLinux machine (or got it via DHCP) when you were in the old office.

2)      Assuming the above, if your new location has a different network / subnet – then the IP of your biolinux machine would have changed.

I suggest that you check your new ip configuration by running the ifconfig command on the console of your biolinux machine, check your routing to make sure that this machine is reachable from the internet / has internet access, and then use that IP (or the corresponding FQDN) to establish an SSH connection.

Best,
MD

Dr. M D Sharma
Research Fellow
Centre for Ecology & Conservation
College of Life and Environmental Sciences
University of Exeter
Cornwall Campus
Penryn
TR10 9FE

M.D.Sharma at Exeter.ac.uk<https://legacy.exeter.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=2550a33f6b904272a7b1147002360f76&URL=mailto%3aM.D.Sharma%40Exeter.ac.uk>
http://www.publicationslist.org/MD.Sharma<https://legacy.exeter.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=2550a33f6b904272a7b1147002360f76&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.publicationslist.org%2fMD.Sharma>
http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-8530-2013

Shared Tel: (+44)  1326 259384
Mob: (+44) 7919 242450
[cid:image001.gif at 01CF6B6C.CC1DF8B0]<http://www.exeter.ac.uk/>

[cid:image004.gif at 01CF6B6C.CC1DF8B0]<http://www.facebook.com/exeteruni>[cid:image005.gif at 01CF6B6C.CC1DF8B0]<http://twitter.com/uniofexeter>[cid:image006.gif at 01CF6B6C.CC1DF8B0]<http://www.youtube.com/universityofexeter>[cid:image007.gif at 01CF6B6C.CC1DF8B0]<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/University-Exeter-109267?mostPopular=&gid=109267>

This email and any attachment may contain information that is confidential, privileged, or subject to copyright, and which may be exempt from disclosure under applicable legislation. It is intended for the addressee only. If you received this message in error, please let me know and delete the email and any attachments immediately. The University will not accept responsibility for the accuracy/completeness of this e-mail and its attachments.