[Bio-Linux] r-cran-ape

Tim Booth tbooth at ceh.ac.uk
Thu Oct 1 06:12:09 EDT 2015

Hi Carlos,

You should have the package available.  On Bio-Linux 8 (Trusty) a bunch
of R packages are provided by the C2D4U PPA repository.  So on my system
I can check it like this:

tbooth at balisaur[tbooth] apt-cache policy r-cran-ape
r-cran-ape:
  Installed: 3.3-1cran1ppa0
  Candidate: 3.3-1cran1ppa0
  Version table:
 *** 3.3-1cran1ppa0 0
        500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/marutter/c2d4u/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If you installed Bio-Linux 8 directly or ran the upgrade8.sh script then
this should have been set up for you, so either something has gone wrong
or you have set up your software sources manually.

I'd suggest you either re-run the upgrade script to add the repository
configuration or else see
https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/c2d4u and follow the
instructions for manually adding the repository.  Note that you will
also need to set up R core updates in order for these packages to work
properly.

Cheers,

TIM